FREE LUNCH FOR LIFE PsychomentalSpotlightshow Biofiles Wackydaft

Top 10 Grossest Things Bear Grylls Has Eaten

bear grylls

Bear Grylls

“If it can keep you alive, then eat it.” – Bear Grylls

On the Discovery Channel’s show, Man Vs Wild, the host, Bear Grylls, has eaten many things to display how to stay alive in desperate situations. I have compiled a list of the grossest things I have seen this guy eat.

#10 – Turtle – “It’s never easy to eat what looks like a pet.”

turtle

Bear Grylls Eats A Turtle

For some reason turtles have never seemed appealing to eat. Although, Bear thinks it tastes like chicken.

#9 – Grasshopper – “I hate that taste of just creamy goo.”

You can read in the Bible about people eating grasshoppers, but this giant thing from the rainforest was intimidating.

#8 – Tree Frog – “One small frog can give you about 3 grams of fat and 75 hard earned calories”

I used to find rows of little green tree frogs under the tarp roof of my childhood playground. I think they liked the cool shade.

#7 – Sheep’s Eyeball – “It’s like chewing gristle full of cold gloop.”

Why does he have to bite everything in half? Gooooo.

#6 – Zebra Carcass – “If the carcass smells rotten, move on, but this meat if fresh.”

Bear Grylls Eats A Zebra

Bear Grylls Eats A Zebra

I love how he uses his knife to peel back the skin, then he just leans down starts biting away the skin and the meat directly off of the carcass.

#5 – Raw Goat Testicles – “There are parts of an animal, especially when eaten raw, that make even me squeamish.”

Mmmmm. A mouthful of goat sperm.

#4 – Raw Camel Fat – “Experience has taught me to be a little bit weary of Burbar delicacies.”

Bear Grylls Eats Camel Fat

Bear Grylls Eats Camel Fat

Some things just look like they smell nasty. Anways, I always cut away the fat from any meat I eat. I hate that texture. I can’t imagine what this must have been like.

#3 – Drinks his own pee – “It’s like warm and it’s salty and it’s not my favorite.”

In a very dire situation, I think I could do it.

#2 – Elephant dung juices – “Not one of the better drinks I’ve ever had.”

Refreshing!

Refreshing!

I’m not sure if I’d ever be that desperate to live. I just can’t picture myself looking up with my mouth open while squeezing the juice from elephant shit into my mouth.

#1 – Camel Stomach Fluids – “Drinkable, but truly disgusting.”

Refreshing

Bear Grylls Drinks Camel Stomach Fluids

Alright, at least the elephant dung was fully proccessed. Here he cuts open the stumach of a dead camel and squeezes the fluid from the partially digested.

What grosses you out?

So, of course this list’s content and order is purely opinion based. What grosses you out?

• Share/Bookmark

16 Comments

1. Cat Schwamm
    Posted Friday, April 17, 2009 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Answer: ALL of those things gross me out. I would survive for about 5 minutes in the wild.

2. SS
    Posted Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:15 am | Permalink

They are all gross. Ew… I will still watch though…

3. kieba
    Posted Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

Ok, some of those truly wanted to make me PUKE
    and I eat raw nearly everything
    favorites being liver and rabbit guts…..bee larva and buffalo
    sashimi is a given yummy
    I have tried raw testicles and DID gag and puke. cockroaches are not that bad nor are crickets
    anyway……the shit I definately can do without!!
    I have a retro-raw bootcamp with raw foods and fitness training of all sorts included….doin it the Retro way!

4. alesia911
    Posted Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

I have done food foraging also known as wild crafting for wild foods and for 2 months I spent about $5- and that was on soft drinks and beer the rest of what I ate for those two months was what I found growing wild around Wild berries ,wild mustard greens, Prickly pear cactus, Black Turban Snails, Sea urchin, Clams, rattle snake Wild strawberries Cats Tail Root ,sea weed and numerous other things that I found growing wild or found in the ocean about the only special equipment I had was a knife and a shovel and of course my kitchen , all of this was done intentionally I am a Professional chef with 20 years experience both working in Santa Cruz and San Francisco the books that I recomend if you are interested in Wild Crafting and the ones that I used are both written by Eual Gibbons the books are ” Stalking the blue eyed scallop” and ” stalking the wild asparagus” there is also a Beach combers handbook by the same author unfortunately I do not have that book nor know its exact name these are great Wild Crafting books and survival books in case you find yourself with nothing to eat ether in the wild or just because you can not afford to buy food there are lots of wild foods out there many easy to gather and prepare as far as grossness the only thing that truly grosses me out is contaminated food or rotting food I am very experimental with what I eat as long as it is safe if I had to survive I would be able to eat anything that Bear eats as he knows basically what is edible and safe and not all foods taste great and one persons delicacy can turn another ones stomach Preparation and combination's of ingredient can make a big difference as a chef I have prepared meals to people who have told me that they would never eat a certain type of food because they have had it before and it was gross to them on that same note I have prepared the same type food differently than what they had experienced fed it to them without telling them what it was they where eating till after they had finished their plate telling me how good it was the expression on their faces after telling them what they have just eaten is priceless and it changes their whole idea of what they eat expanding it to include a food that they had hated just minutes before eating the same food that I had prepared I guess knowing your ingredient and being able to visualize the taste of foods and combination's of food l helps allot and I have been told by cooks and professionals alike that this is a gift , I would say this to remember do not put down a certain type of food because you do not like its taste or consistency because there is more often than not a way of cooking the same thing in away that you will find delicious and variety is the spice of life and makes the world bigger do not make your world a smaller place as some people I have met have who will only eat maybe ten items out of thousands and not because they have food allergies but because they have tried a certain food one way didn't like it and never tried it prepared another way which would probably change the way they feel about it ,.
    One other thing i want to put out there is this most if not all have heard of the 24 hour flue well the truth is there is no such thing if you have this fictional sickness what you really have is a mild case of food poisoning not a flue if you go somewhere to eat and get sick shortly afterward unless it is botulism of which you need to seek immediate medical help for, do not look at the place or food you have just eaten as it takes about 24 hours for food poisoning to show up instead look at the foods you had the day before not that night or day as that will mostly not be the culprit .

5. alesia911
    Posted Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

6. jamie
    Posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 9:56 am | Permalink

i would roll all that shit as i eat my own shit daily mmmmm

7. baby b
    Posted Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 5:30 am | Permalink

thats fucking disgusting!!!! i would never date you!!!! babbaba

8. Guest
    Posted Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:23 am | Permalink

They all gross me out!! YUCK !!??

9. Tombomb12342
    Posted Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:29 am | Permalink

he i a ledgened

10. Tombomb12342
    Posted Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:30 am | Permalink

he is a ledgened

11. Posted Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

The world’s most famous piss-drinker Bear Grylls has finally hit the App Store, taking his unique survival to a whole new audience on the iPhone. …

12. Posted Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Among other things, the government has planned integrated development of infrastructure for heritage and hinterland tourism in Goa as also the upgradation

13. Olivia_lafleur
    Posted Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate him so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he eat a zebra! <3 zebras r my favorite animal ! <3

14. JV
    Posted Monday, May 30, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

If you’ve ever eaten at McDonald’s, you’d have had most of these anyway.

15. Llama lauren
    Posted Friday, June 17, 2011 at 5:56 am | Permalink

I WOULD EAT A LLAMA DEFINETLY!!!!!!!!!!

16. natalie
    Posted Monday, June 27, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Permalink

you know that is probably the gros……BARF! oh sorry